Updated: Apr 21, 2022
Believe it or not, kids love to help in the kitchen. They are little but very independent and once given the opportunity, they will be sure to make themselves a tasty snack.
Here are five easy and quick snacks for kids to make.
1. Peanut Butter Dip. This is an easy snack for your kid to prepare. Your child will enjoy dipping fruit (apples, grapes, strawberries, bananas) and vegetables (celery sticks, carrot, cucumbers) in their very own homemade peanut butter. This snack is also nutritious and filled with protein, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B6 and C.
2. Banana Smoothie. This is a delicious and nutritious treat for your children to enjoy and make on their own. Two bananas blended in coconut milk is a sure tasty snack your child make on his /her own. I often make this with my own kids.
3. Oatmeal with fruits. Oats soaked in almond or soy milk is one of the easiest snacks to start your kids off with. I started my kids on this when they first wanted to learn how to 'cook'. The sense of accomplishment they felt was so nice to see!
4. Pancakes. With blended oatmeal, bananas, grounded flaxseed, and almond milk you can achieve the fluffiest vegan pancakes. You can drizzle agave or maple syrup with selected fruits.
5. Hummus. This is a yummy treat that your child will enjoy. It’s an easy and quick snack for kids. Hummus is prepared blending canned chickpeas with garlic cloves, salt, lemon juice, water, olive oil and tahini sauce in a processor until smooth. Veggies, tortilla, and pita chips are great options to dip in your hummus. Here is our tried and tested hummus recipe!
These easy snacks for kids are tasty, nutritious and full of fun. Your kids will enjoy making each and every one of these snacks and grow more and more confident in their abilities each time.
What snacks do your kids like putting together? Do you have any tips for us? Leave them bellow in the comment section!
Until next time!